Post 7: Las Post: CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME (deadline 16-01, 12:00 pm)

 

LEVEL 4 - Post 7  CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME



Given the rush to this end of the (hopefully) last semester in Pandemic, it has been decided that we are going to end this writing process by problematizing our studies, thus, the future of our professions.

Instructions:
Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme (career)
Among others, think about:

> The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
> Workload and length of studies
> Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
> Use of technology
> Teaching methods



- Word Count: 230
- Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and on your teacher's as well.
__________________________________________________________________________


Image result for languageThere are many things I would have changed from my study programme back when I was studying English Linguistics, and even though I think all the things I studied have been of great use all these years, I believe there are even more issues and topics I would have liked to revise.

First thing, I had several history courses, all of them were related to (obviously) Anglo-Saxon history and only one about national reality, I would have liked to study more from the connection of our cultures, i.e. I would have liked to study how both Hispanic and Anglo-Saxon cultures related and enriched one another. Also, VERY few women as iconic characters were taught, also in the courses readings, the papers, and works conducted by women were nearly not taught at all. One could have even got to think that apparently, women have not developed science within the field of Applied Linguistics, though, fortunately, this is something that's changing.

We had many hours of classes a week, this was because we needed to practice a lot, so the “communication” courses were very extensive in terms of practice hours. However, I think that maybe, by changing the teaching methods a bit and stimulating independent learning, we could have had fewer communicative practice hours and more about an alternative course that we might have been interested in.

The Faculty facilities were just alright, we had enough space to eat, study, and whatnot, but what I believe it is important to have as well, is green spaces available for students to chill out. Many little parks inside the campus were closed for students and kept for decoration purposes so maybe a good idea is to have those spaces free to use and enjoy while learning.

The teaching methods were also quite ok, not much innovative though and I think that is because of many traditions in the teaching of English for professionals of the field. I think that maybe, a good way to improve the teaching is to have included more IT in the classes, I mean, we made a lot of use of IT, especially in the Phonetics classes where we had to use a Language Lab, but I believe we could have made a bigger use of different platforms and, all in all, I think that would have made the process less difficult.

I believe that I learnt a lot when I was at uni, and I think everybody will always have a set of well-grounded critiques, but overall, I think I received a very good education, and however it could have been more state-of-the-art, it has been of great use in my professional life.  

Comentarios

  1. Hello professor, I hope you're well, the truth is that I find it extremely important to have a on site education and that it has recreational moments, where you can go out to a playground where there are many green spaces, also the spaces must have the optimal conditions to study. Nice to read that he had a good education but would change certain things!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello professor, how sad that they did not teach more women's contributions to linguistics.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello professor, I think the same about green spaces, they are essential for students to have moments of peace or simply to be in contact with nature, many of these parks are needed in the different faculties.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. English is an art, I hope to master it completely one day.
    It’s true teacher, many times you need more open spaces with gardens to share and study.. and also to meditate, you can achieve many things

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello teacher, I think the same as you, although I have not had face-to-face classes at the university yet, I feel that it is necessary to go back to that and generate more interactions between peers.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello professor! I agree with you about the green areas, they are very important when you need some relax in between classes, or a free air space to eat!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. My cousin graduated as a translator 5 or 6 years ago, some of her concerns or problems are very similar, but more related to university gestion, she graduated from the usach

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi! I think the same as you about the green areas, could be a good solution for the excessive stress caused by studies.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hello teacher, unfortunately in few places the women who were important in history are taught :(

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi teacher, i also think the same about the green areas, it's the best space to be able to rest and relieve stress, which is pretty important for a university student

    ResponderEliminar
  11. hello, i agree with you about the green spaces to chill, i think is kinda stupid create little parks into the campus if we won't can use it even to take a little rest between classes

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hi professor, I believe it's very important to have the suitable spaces to be able to live the university life and I'm happy to know that you were able to enjoy that.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hello professor, it's great to think that one day everything you studied will come in handy.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Hi teacher, I agree with you that it is necessary to have green spaces, it makes the student more relaxed I feel.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hi teacher! in science there is also very few female iconic characters that are taught about, I hope that will change soon!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Very true teacher, the university is an instance that I wish everyone could live.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Hello teacher, generally the teaching methods don't tend to change much in the last times, the professors be in the habit of use the most traditional for be able to teach to all students equally.

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Hello teacher, i think that this change in the teaching of the history, the connection of the cultures could be a very great idea

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Hi teacher ! very much agree with the green spaces

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Hi teacher! Independent study should be more promoted than ever, specially in times like this, where the online format sometimes weakens by reasons that often cannot be controlled.

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Hello teacher, like you I consider green areas to be of great importance because they help us to distract our eyes, to relax and to be able to think about other things outside of our studies

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Hi teacher
    I am happy to read that he had a good education. I find that feeling good about where and how you studied is essential for good job development. I also think that critical vision of thinking and saying what things could have been different is great, since that will probably change one day.
    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  23. Hi, I think history is a great subject, I find that world history is something to learn because it teaches us about ourselves.

    ResponderEliminar
  24. Hi Profesor.

    Is very important all things that you writting, because the reality of classes of English is, in some places, very poor. Sometimes the students do not have the technologies machines that prepare in them almost a little of some upper English lenguague as a second lenguage. Is so sad read that in linguistics do not have more women.

    And is very important the phonetics because you have the oportunity to understand the diferences between one word to another word that means diferent

    ResponderEliminar
  25. Hi teacher, I think the same about the need to have green areas, I feel that they are extremely important important in any academic site

    ResponderEliminar
  26. Hi teacher, is very sad in the past the teachers didn´t teach about important women, I think now this to changed a little but still there is a lot to do.

    ResponderEliminar
  27. Hello teacher :D apparently his experience at the university was very good.

    ResponderEliminar
  28. I would love to know that with the new changes, not only women will be named, but their materials will also be used in education.

    ResponderEliminar
  29. Hi teacher. A pity that the contribution of women has not been considered, but at least this is already changing today. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  30. hello teacher, I also consider that s must have enough space to be able to adequately develop the activities properly.

    ResponderEliminar
  31. I remember that in school I had a few of phonetic classes and they were very difficult but the use of IT made it easier so I couldn't agree more with you.

    ResponderEliminar
  32. Hi teacher, it sounds horrible how the little green spaces you had as a student were closed.

    ResponderEliminar
  33. Hi teacher, so sad that they kept the little parks inside the campus only for decoration purposes :(

    ResponderEliminar
  34. it very sad when the university use a green area for decoration, and that place look so good for sleep, ahh.....

    ResponderEliminar
  35. Hi teacher, I agree with you that if there was a better organization for some things, we would have to spend less time locked up studying.

    ResponderEliminar
  36. Hi teacher... Perhaps in all study programs there are very long hours. For us it's hands-on labs and sometimes it's tiring...

    ResponderEliminar
  37. Hi teacher
    I would also like the faculty to have more green areas
    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  38. I agree with you, sometimes a lot of time is spent on subjects that could last much less. It would also be great if the university had the possibility of taking elective subjects where a topic is deepened, it would be quite enriching.

    ResponderEliminar
  39. Hi! I am sorry that it is only in recent years that the contributions of women in different areas have been recognized and discussed in the classroom :c

    ResponderEliminar
  40. Hello teacher, I agree with you, I think that teaching methods should be more innovative, also i think mental health is very important, so i think the academics should be up to date on these topics, cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
  41. Hi teacher! it's good that now more is being taught about great women!

    ResponderEliminar
  42. Hello, teacher, I agree that the learning of any language must be attached to the culture that it came from through the time!

    ResponderEliminar
  43. Although we all have criticisms, I think your criticisms are very valid and help to improve the plan for future students.

    ResponderEliminar
  44. I believe that as students we can often better perceive the flaws in our career or study plan because we suffer them hahah

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 1 (deadline Friday 29th October )

Post 2: The Best Holidays / Concert Ever. (Due to 2nd Nov.)

Post 4: Childhood Series (deadline: 16th Dec.)